Shark Central is temporarily closed while the touch tank undergoes renovation to improve and upgrade the exhibit’s life support system.
To touch a shark, visit the Stingray Hideaway exhibit, where epaulette sharks or coral cat sharks are regularly available in the kids touch pool.
Other opportunities to touch animals and animal artifacts:
- Touch a Horseshoe Crab, tickle a Whelk or pet a real live Sea Star in the Shore Gallery Tide Pool
- Touch three different species of stingrays as well as Epaulette and Coral Cat Sharks in Stingray Hideaway
- See and touch a variety of animal artifacts in The Gallery’s Sea Touch Explore Station
- Discover more animal artifacts at the Discovery Hut in Stingray Hideaway
- Meet an outreach animal in an Animal Encounter in the Stingray Hideaway Lobby
For a complete list of daily activities, click here.