One Aquarium Way, Newport, KY 41071
Click here for directions
Newport Aquarium showcases thousands of animals from around the world in a million gallons of water, including the enormously popular “Sweet Pea” and “Scooter,” the stars of the first shark ray breeding program in the world.
This state-of-the-art facility was named the No. 1 aquarium in the 2012 Readers’ Choice Travel Awards from 10Best.com; the Best Rainy Day Outing in 2006 in Cincinnati Family Magazine; and the Best Aquarium in the Midwest in the Zagat Survey’s U.S. Family Travel Guide in 2004.
Newport Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, which sets the rigorous professional standards for animal welfare, veterinary care, wildlife conservation, research, education, staffing and safety.
The Aquarium is owned by Herschend Family Entertainment Corp. a privately held company devoted to bringing families closer together and creating memories worth repeating.
The Aquarium is open to the public 365 days a year. It is located only two minutes from downtown Cincinnati at Newport on the Levee. For more information, visit www.newportaquarium.com or call 1-800-406-FISH (3474).
- 121,200 square feet
- 1 million gallons of salt and fresh water
- Hundreds of aquatic species
- Thousands of animals
- More than 65 exhibits
- Approximately 700,000 guests annually
Hours and Admission
- Standard hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Summer hours, May 28 through September 1: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- General Admission: Adult, $24.99, Child 2-12, $16.99. Under 2, Free.
- Annual Passes: Adults 13-64, $48.99, Child 2-12, $32.99. Adults 65+, $43.99. Under 2, Free.