VIP Bravo Experience
VIP Bravo Experience
A Unique Encounter with one of Newport Aquarium’s Rarest Animals
Get up-close and personal with Bravo, our 85-year-old Galapagos Tortoise. Each tour is restricted to only 5 guests to ensure you have an intimate meeting with this amazing tortoise inside his exhibit. Bravo is only at Newport Aquarium for a limited time, so book your VIP experience before it’s too late!
Tours begin in the front lobby. After your tickets are checked and signed waivers turned in, you will be given your VIP lanyard. During your tour, your knowledgeable Animal Experience Specialist will share little-known insights on Galapagos Tortoises as well as the general behind the scenes operation of Newport Aquarium. The tour begins with a brief behind-the-scenes walk-through. Some sites that you will pass by include the Penguin House; the tank tops of the Amazon Tunnel, and Coral Reef Tunnel; the Water Quality Lab and many of our animal quarantine or holding tanks.
Guests will be lead into the exhibit as a group. The Animal Experience Specialist will introduce everyone to Bravo, and show everyone how he eats by feeding him tasty treats. After a little instruction, each guest will be invited to meet him face-to-face and feel his 85-year-old skin or shell. And, as if the experience wasn’t enough – you’ll be able to pose for a complimentary photo as your gift to remember this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Each guest is required to step into a shallow shoe bath and to lock up all personal items before entering the exhibit. No cameras or cell phones will be allowed in the exhibit.
Your VIP Experience includes:
Tour Times: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- Exclusive visit into Bravo’s exhibit
- A lanyard that is individually numbered and your souvenir to take home
- 20% discount to the Aquarium gift shop and café, Sweet Dreams Candy Store and the Newport Aquarium Welcome Center throughout the day when you present your lanyard.
- Complimentary 6” x 8” photo
Annual Passholder Price: $48
Note: To purchase tickets online, you must include your annual pass number when you create your account.
What you need to know before visiting:
- Each guest must have their own ticket
- This is an able-bodied experience.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants must be age 5 or older.
- Every participant must read and sign a waiver prior to the tour.
- Flat, closed-toed, neutral shoes are recommended. Participants will be asked to step into a shallow shoe bath to disinfect their shoes before entry into Bravo’s exhibit. Once in the exhibit, your shoes may get dusty or muddy.
- For people with allergies, there will be dirt, dust, and hay in the exhibit.
- Guests are not allowed to bring any personal items into the exhibit. This includes purses, cameras, cell phones and some jewelry. Newport Aquarium will provide an area where these items can be locked and secured during the encounter.
- Encounters are available for a limited time and are restricted to only 5 guests per tour. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at least ten minutes early. The tours run on a strict schedule to allow the greatest amount of time for your experience. Late arrivals will forfeit their tickets to the Experience.
- Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
A portion of the sales is donated to the WAVE Foundation
for turtle conservation programs.